Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Looking back, starting again.

After school today, I went to the Temple for the first time in years. I decided to "initiate" my return by doing just that. I even went to "my" Temple, where I first went in 2002...the Jordan River.


Just when I thought I might be able to keep my emotions in check, one of the workers asked me if I knew an Ann Brand. At this point, I got excited and was just about to say "Yes, she is my grandpa's sis-in-law", when she finished her question by asking if I knew Bertie Brand.


I lost it.
I could barely speak. Bertie was my dear, dear grandma. This sister told me what a special lady my grandma was. She passed away 7 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss her and my grandpa. I cried through the rest of my time spent at the Temple, and on the way home as well. I knew my return would bring tears, but I didn't expect to get that emotional.
This is my grandma. The peacemaker. She truly loved and accepted everyone. She had no enemies. I can only hope to be half as good a lady as she was.






1 comment:

Heidi said...

Rachel Thank youfor sharing your experience. That is awesome. You are a dear person. You are always thinking of others. Your grandma would be.. and is so very proud of you.. You are such a good person, friend & example to me. Thanks againf or sharing your temple experience.. Someday.. Someday I will be able to go back..