Sunday, January 25, 2009

Say What???

I got a letter in the mail within the last couple of days, that I did not see until today. It is from Bristol West Insurance Group...the insurance that is being held liable for my accident.
I quote...

"As the vehicle owner, you have a responsibility to attempt to keep your damages to a minimum."

What??? Did I read this right?? I don't believe I had any say as to how much damages occurred. At first, I laughed, but as I have thought about it, it became a little upsetting. Are they saying that I don't need to get my car fixed so that it is back to how it should be? Am I misunderstanding this? This wasn't my fault, nor could I have avoided it. Since accidents are recorded on a car history report, the value of my car dropped. I would like to have it back in shape so I can drive it for many years. It isn't even an older car...it's an '07...
If they think they aren't going to pay for it, they have another thing coming.

So...DID I misunderstand? Am I paranoid for no reason? A bit confused, maybe??
I don't know....





(I promise, I will get over this and move on to happier subjects. This, too, shall pass).

2 comments:

Krista said...

Oh Insurance!! We pay and pay... then when we USE it we get the run-a-round and our premiums go UP. Such a shame! Yet they're all the same.

Rhonda said...

You need to get a lawyer. Now.

I didn't think I needed one, have a general disdain for them and wanted no part of it.

Then the other guys insurance co started harrassing me. I was in so much pain and had enough of the calls and fake sympathy when they were really just trying to get me to settle and settle quick.

Getting a lawyer has put my mind at ease. We are 10 months out from the accident and I'm still getting treatment for my back that got worse and worse over time. I'm getting ready to see a neurosurgeon for back surgery next month. Anyway, I SO know how it feels when they try to make someone else take the blame or to hurry up and settle-SUCH a PAIN!